AUR30620 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
The Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology prepares new employees or recognises and develops existing workers performing mechanical work in the automotive light vehicle service and repair industry.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who service, diagnose and repair mechanical systems and components in vehicles in the automotive mechanical service and repair industry
We provide you with first-class training and student support while you undertake your training and assessment qualification. Our hands-on industry experts share their knowledge with you in a practical way.
- AURASA002 – Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURTTA018 – Carry out diagnostic procedures
- AURAEA002 – Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURETR029 – Diagnose and repair charging systems
- AURETR030 – Diagnose and repair starting systems
- AURLTZ001 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle emission control systems
- AURTTB001 – Inspect and service braking systems
- AURLTB003 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle hydraulic braking systems
- AURTTE004 – Inspect and service engines
- AURLTE002 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle engines
- AURTTF001 – Inspect and service petrol fuel systems
- AURLTD004 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle steering systems
- AURLTD005 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle suspension systems
- AURTTA004 – Carry out servicing operations
- AURTTK002 – Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURETR012 – Test and basic electric circuits
- AURETR031 – Diagnose and repair ignition systems
- AURETR023 – Diagnose and repair spark ignition engine management systems
- AURETR025 – Test, charge and replace batteries and jump start vehicles
- AURTTC003 – Diagnose and repair cooling systems
- AURTTC001 – Inspect and service cooling systems
- AURETR043 – Service and repair electronic body management systems
- AURETR044 – Service and integrated engine and transmission management systems
- AURLTX001 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle manual transmissions
- AURLTX002 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle automatic transmissions
- AURLTQ001 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle final drive assemblies
- AURLTQ002 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle driveshaft
- AURLTX003 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle clutch systems
- AURETR010 – Fabricate, test and repair wiring harnesses and looms
- AURTTA017 – Carry out vehicle safety inspections
- AURTTD002 – Inspect and service steering systems
- AURTTD004 – Inspect and service suspension systems
- AURTTQ001 – Inspect and service final drive assemblies
- AURTTQ003 – Inspect and service driveshaft’s
- AURTTX002 – Inspect and service manual transmissions
- AURTTX003 – Inspect and service automatic transmissions
**Please note that units of competency may change without any prior notice. This is to comply with the packaging requirements.
International Students must be of 18 years of age with minimum successful completion of year 10 or equivalent level of study & possess an IELTS overall band score of 5.5 or equivalent . Those who do not meet the minimum IELTS requirement will be referred to accredited English Language Training provider to undertake an English language course prior to commencing the qualification .
Students are required to undertake 360 hours of supervised field placement which provides an excellent opportunity to further improve their practical job skills.
The successful completion of this course prepares you as a new employee or recognizes and develops your skills as an existing employee to perform mechanical work in the automotive light vehicle service and repair industry. Job roles related to this qualification include light vehicle mechanical technician.
Subsidised training available in South Australia~
~If you live or work in South Australia, you may be eligible for the subsidised training supported through WorkReady by the Government of South Australia (check your eligibility here). Places are limited. Get in touch with us to find out more.
We are happy to answer all your questions in regards to the AUR30320 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Call us today on 1300 511 519 and our friendly team will assist you with all your training needs.