AUR30620 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
The Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical Technology prepares new employees or recognises and develops existing workers performing mechanical work in the automotive light vehicle service and repair industry.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who service, diagnose and repair mechanical systems and components in vehicles in the automotive mechanical service and repair industry
We provide you with first-class training and student support while you undertake your Training and assessment qualification. Our hands-on industry experts share their knowledge with you in a practical way.
- AURASA102 – Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURETK002 Use and maintain electrical test equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURTTE104 Inspect and service engines
- AURTTA104 Carry out servicing operations
- AURTTA017 Carry out vehicle safety inspections
- AURLTE102 – Diagnose and repair light vehicle engines
- AURTTC103 Diagnose and repair cooling systems
- AURETR025 Test, charge and replace batteries and jump start vehicles
- AURETR007 Apply knowledge of automotive electrical circuits and wiring systems
- AURETR006 Solder electrical wiring and circuits
- AURETR112 Test and repair basic electric circuits
- AURETR010 Fabricate, test and repair wiring harnesses and looms
- AURETR131 Diagnose and repair ignition systems
- AURETR123 Diagnose and repair spark ignition engine management systems
- AURETR124 Diagnose and repair compression ignition engine management systems
- AURETR135 Apply knowledge of petrol and diesel engine operation
- AURTTA118 Develop and carry out diagnostic test strategies
- AURETR130 Diagnose and repair starting systems
- AURETR129 Diagnose and repair charging systems
- AURLTD104 Diagnose and repair light vehicle steering systems
- AURLTD105 Diagnose and repair light vehicle suspension systems
- AURTTF101 Inspect and service petrol fuel systems
- AURLTB103 Diagnose and repair light vehicle hydraulic braking systems
- AURTTB101 Inspect and service braking systems
- AURETR009 Install vehicle lighting and wiring systems
- AURETR027 Install ancillary electronic systems and components
- AURETR128 Diagnose and repair instruments and warning systems
- AURETR132 Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems
- AURETR143 Diagnose and repair electronic body management systems
- AURAFA103 Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
**Please note that units of competency may change without any prior notice. This is to comply with the packaging requirements.
Local Students must be of 18 years of age with minimum successful completion of year 10 or equivalent level of study.
Students are required to undertake minimum of 360 hours of supervised field placement which provides an excellent opportunity to further improve their practical job skills.
The successful completion of this course prepares you as a new employee or recognizes and develops your skills as an existing employee to perform electrical work in the automotive light vehicle service and repair industry. Job roles related to this qualification include light vehicle mechanic.
Subsidised training available in South Australia~
~If you live or work in South Australia, you may be eligible for the subsidised training supported through WorkReady by the Government of South Australia (check your eligibility here). Places are limited. Get in touch with us to find out more.
We are happy to answer all your questions in regards to the AUR30320 Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology. Call us today on 08 83110487 and our friendly team will assist you with all your training needs.